Monday, March 28, 2011

Just another manic Monday

So a review of my eats today. A little boring, but baby-steps, yes? I have italicised the clean foods involved. Oh and PS I am not a photographer – my point and shoot camera is lucky to still have battery, but I am improving!! I think…

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>
Breakfast: Simple Warm Oats and Apple
Steel-cut oats (made in rice cooker) with Vaalia low-fat vanilla (leftover – may not be clean…) flax seed oil and chia. It was quite a small portion for 1/3 c dry oats, but it was uber filling – couldn’t finish my apple, and wasn’t hungry until midday!!



<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>Lunch/Snack: Bento!!
First trial of my new bento box. Smaller than I thought, but it really helped with portions and surprisingly I wasn’t hungry!! Its leftover Bolognaise with extra veggies (the birdy has parmesan cheese in it) plus broadbeans and corn. For “dessert” I had a fresh date stuffed with a little natural peanut butter. Haven't got the right Tupperware for inside yet, so had to glad wrap my watermelon snack.

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

So not  fully clean, but note the lack of candy bar. This is what I carry my lunch in. I even have a mini fork-spoon=chopstick set.
Oh and I didnt even eat any of the brownies/cookies that I took into work. Bonus.



<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

Dinner: Beef and Black Bean with Brown Rice
Cooked by the boy. Jarred Kantong sauce, so that’s a no-no considering the junk that was in it. Although not 100% clean, I am more concerned about impending mac-cheese night… This still had lean beef, lots of veggies and a small amount of brown rice.


Summary: A good start, although no exercise because I came home late so I’ll be up early tomorrow for a good session!
I never thought I would become an 100% clean eater straight away, but I made good choices from what I had, stopped before I got too full and had good willpower despite temptation. There are still a few hours to go (and a tub of Homer Hudson Icecream in the freezer) but I think its going to be ok! The transition has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment