Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rubi Shoes Day!

imageimageimage

Images from http://www.cottonon.com/au/rubi-shoes

imageI used to have an unwritten rule about Rubi Shoes, the footwear offspring of Cotton On: NEVER AGAIN.

After buying THREE pairs of the same killer awesome $20 heels, but the heels breaking/wrong sizes I decided I should just spend $50 on some nice Novo ones. Same same with the flats that looked cute and colourful on the shelf, but cheap and nasty on my feet.  The sizes were also annoying and never accommodated my wide feet in heels, so I stopped shopping there. But recently I’ve been venturing in more often and have been quite delighted!

DSCF4699

Last weekend I checked out the sale rack and found these fantastic wedges marked down to $20– and just my size. At the counter they were 50% SCORE. They also give my calves definition, and I get comfortable height!

More about Rubi – pros and cons – below!

DSCF4697

They fit much better than the Payless purple wedges I’d bought for $20 (and regret, so am selling on ebay soon…)

DSCF4664

I’ve also been living in these flats. They have a teensy bit of heel, and match with almost everything. Dressy enough to pair with a dress and cardy, but effortlessly cool enough to throw on with relaxed weekend wear and a messy bun.

Pros

  • Always on trend with shoes – uber cute and often a few colours of the one style
  • Bargain prices – a great price so you can actually keep up with trends – so they fall apart faster than other brands – in 6 months cream heeled aviator boots will be out anyway!
  • Even better sale prices. And you don’t have to wait too long for sales
  • Good accessories – I have these cute shoe bags from there. Perfect for storing my shoes to avoid marking or scratching the others, and for travel. Also see eye masks and bracelets.
  • You don’t feel as bad if you wear them in the rain/ruin them at a party/leave them on a beach – cheap enough to buy another pair

Cons

  • Sizing is still whack. I have 39s, 40s and 41s all from Rubi
  • Flats are still not the best quality
  • Shoes tend to wear and fall apart quick. I have had to make some tactical repairs
  • Slim on the comfort in some styles – little padding or shaping on the bottom
  • No shoe boxes – make sure you find clean, undamaged shoes!

So I would recommend a wary browse, and a “quick fix” buy if you are dying for those new boots but can’t part with $200, knowing they will be replaced by summer

No comments:

Post a Comment