Saturday, April 09, 2011

Healthy + Yummy+ Portioned + Delivered?! Yes please!

I found out about the Harvest Box concept other day and being a lover of all things delicious, healthy and free/cheap (with a voucher!), I couldn’t resist signing up for a  few weeks.

The dealio: A Harvest Box is a completely bio-degreadable box filled with 4 portions of delicious and natural snackies – fruits, nuts, seeds and a few other goodies, delivered to your desk (or home) once a week or more. You don’t know what four snacks you’re getting, but you rate them so they can send you similar products, ensuring a delightful surprise and healthy variety.

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>Box 1: Very excited when I got this in the mail!

Cost: Its $6.95 a box, which is a bit steep for me, but this includes postage, and its cheaper than the four chocolate bars I’d be reaching for… I think I will ration myself to one of these a week or a fortnight, and eat fresh fruit and veg on the other days.

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>What my box contained: Big Kahuna, The K2, Blossom and Daybreak 

Health: The box I got said each pack contains about 650kj, but this is an average. Some snack packs had added sugar, but its mostly limited to ones where they are needed for caramelisation, rather than just packing your raisins with unneeded sugar, so I’m ok with that. And for the planet, its all 100% recylcable. Awesome

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>An idea of the size of the snack packs. Small enough to fit in my bento (with a 2mm trim, drat!)

Think I might use Daybreak with oatmeal. The dried fruit is a WHOLE nectarine! Looking forward to Blossom, then the K2 most from this pack. Also hoping to get Blue Parfait, Fruity call, Dino eggs, and soo many more!

Anyway, my verdict is give it a go if like me you need variety and something to look forward to at work (spending money and eating healthy foods tend to help me avoid 3.30itis and the vending machine)

PS, you can get a freebie/half off too, by using this code 10435HVO50G.

No comments:

Post a Comment