Sunday, April 03, 2011

Playing catch ups

A little behind because I’ve been to a cocktail party, a wedding and have fallen off my clean eating wagon!!

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

Breakfast: Kashi Heart to Heart Cereal with banana, peanut butter and soy milk.

imageI got the cereal from a friend who visited the US. Kashi is a pretty popular brand, particularly for those who are trying to eat a little healthier, but looking at the ingredients its still a bit of a concoction, and has added sweeteners - at least its all relatively natural. Usually I steer clear of cold cereals due to the added sugar and often empty carbs. But on those mornings when you just can’t stomach something warm or heavy, cereals fits in perfectly. Just have to remember to balance with protein and good fats!

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

Enjoyed with some fresh flowers!

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

 

Lunch: Leftover Bento

This was really delicious! Peanut soba with extra broadbeans, a gyzoa and chicken yakitori. The white nectarine was over ripe and juicy and exactly what I needed as a pick me up at work!

 

 

 

 

 

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

 

Dinner: The boy’s Macaroni and cheese.

Not at all clean! At least it wasn't too cheesy – most of it was low fat ricotta. He is trying. Also became our breakfast the next day before the wedding.

The wedding was a crazy feast of champagne, delicious but fried nibbles, fresh entre and main interspersed with anecdotes from the family and friends of the gorgeous bride and ecstatic groom, and so much cake!  I don’t drink often, and I never forget anything or have bad hangovers, so I am a little cocky when it comes to drinking. Recently however, the next day has been a challenge – I just feel weak, dizzy, sick, am unproductive and just want to eat-eat-eat! I think my body is really trying to tell me something, and this time I am going to listen!

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

The Mac cheese was also accompanied by mint lemonade and some magazines. The new Cosmo health. $13 is a little steep for a magazine, but 1. its a special and 2. I get a free medium boost juice, so that’s $5 off the cover price (because I actually buy boost). It also came with a free bootcamp pass, but I don’t live close enough to the locations to get any benefit (so let me know if you want the voucher!) I bought it to read when I feel like eating chocolate – a distraction!

The mint lemonade is something I am trying to develop from Mint Lemonada I had at a Turkish Restaurant. The recipe so far is…

Mint Lemonada

1-2 lemons (depending on size) or about 1/3 c fresh lemon juice (pulp ok too)
1 stevia tablet (or tsp natural sweetener)
2 tsp agave nectar or honey
2 tsp to 1 tbsp mint (or a bunch of fresh mint, preferred)
1/2 c ice
1 c water or soda water

Blend all ingredients. Ignore colour. Delicious!

I think its still missing something. More lemon perhaps? Its meant to be tart and refreshing – a perfect beverage to cut through the powerful flavours of hummus, shish kebab and burek.

No comments:

Post a Comment