Saturday, January 08, 2011

Breakfast Mojo? Where are you

As I may have said earlier, my passion for the most important and the first meal of the day, died somewhere between Up & Gos at work and late sleep-ins during my time off. I was just not feeling it anymore.

So I embarked on a strict Breakfast Regime – delicious food to inspire me back to breakfast. I hit up blogs but its winter in America, and slow-baked oats don’t appeal down-under right now. Nothing was easy enough to lure me back into prepared breakfasts. Until…

The boy brought home some fruitless hot cross buns, proud to have discovered his favourite breakfast option, representing Easter time, was already in shelves before the clearance Xmas stuff had even sold. I was not a huge X bun fan… until this…

DSCF4581Fruitless Hot-X-Bun toasted, topped with vanilla ricotta, fresh blueberries and a drizzle of agave nectar.

They make the pantry smell fantastic and I can’t wait to try some more flavour combos (even if they arent so… good for you…) Coconut butter, peaches and thick yogurt, homemade jams, maybe even a baked custard X bun (like you would bread and butter pudding).

Also a pre-body pump breakfast…

DSCF4579

Ginger-Bran Muffin and a mini glass of Anlene Milk. Not too heavy so I don't get cramps, but enough to keep me pumpin’

I love my anelene. I always try to get more calcium and with a whopping 500mg per cup, this makes it so much easier. One of my older breakfasts, mixed branny cereals, berries, Anlene and flax-seed oil – a delicious buttery addition.

DSCF4556

Yum yum, gotta head to bed so I can get up in the morning and experiment with some leftover brown rice and coconut milk. In the mean time, head over to Simply Breakfast for an archive of some amazingly simple brekkies.

No comments:

Post a Comment