Saturday, January 08, 2011

P-P-P-P-Poker Straight

Just a quick one on a recent nab…

DSCF4593

I have been dying to try the Poker Straight dry shampoo ever since  saw its miniature form in Priceline (right after I dabbled in Klorane Dry shampoo, AWFUL for my hair, and the flavours of the mini Bastille)

This pack cost $9.99 (but these do go on special – I saw the old tag for $7 but this was the last left) which seems steep but isn't too bad when the individual dry shamp is about $6 alone.

The Dry Shampoo wasn’t tinted – a problem with previous Dry Shampoo contenders. But this went on quite subtly and with a few strokes of the brush it disappeared into my poor oily roots. It smelt quite good too – more like shampoo than old lady perfume as others have reminded me of.

An anti-frizz product is something I’ve always wanted but been too stingy to buy. I have hair that doesn't split, but it does break randomly, so I always have wiry flyaways. Boo. I tried the Dehumidifier on quite a wet humid day on my naked hair. WINNER. The size would be good to carry in a purse if you wanted to tame the frizzies to go from work to drinks.

And the Straightener… well I need to get a straightener first – then I’ll get back to you!

I have now tried the trifecta of Dry shampoos that were out when I started but dry shampoos are suddenly popping up all over the place! I must say my fav is the brunette Bastille because of my dark hair, but the Lee Stafford ain’t too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment